HMA’s Online Learning Portal
The online course is interesting and thought provoking, the strategies covered could be used in the community, with family and friends, and with colleagues too.
– Queensland Corrections staff member –
To get a better idea of how we can help you and your staff access our Free Sample Courses category. Alternatively you can link to the specific courses outlined below:
- Assessing Men for Family Violence Intervention
- MI Course 1 – Introduction to MI
- Family Violence Awareness Training
- Group work with those who offend
- Motivational Interviewing – Helping Prisoners Change
- The 100 Day Manager
HMA is committed to enhancing the skills of practitioners using a mix of practical ideas and evidenced based knowledge to support them in their work. We value education and learning as a way of providing direction to our work. At the end of the day the quality of the work we all do impacts on the lives of people we work with. It also makes us proud that our efforts are worthwhile.
Our learning and development model has changed over recent years to take advantage of a wide range of online design and delivery tools that are now available. It also allows us to reach a larger group of professionals working in the human services space. For specialist organisations like HMA it builds upon our existing deep expertise in programme design and content generation.
Our learning management system (LMS) Totara:
- is scalable and flexible to meet the needs of their different client organisations
- supports blended learning approaches
- provides excellent reporting, tracking and other functionality that is often very limited in LMS platforms
- offers cost efficiencies in building an organisations internal capability
- is intuitive, with a good user friendly interface
- reflects HMA’s professional brand and approach
Totara is a platform that allows for an extremely learner-centric design. HMA clients now enjoy very interactive and personalised online learning experiences for their staff. Anyone using Totara with HMA can expect easy to use intuitive navigation in addition to excellent responsive support.
Blended Learning Solutions
The learning solutions HMA are designing and delivering today are predominantly blended, meaning they are a mix of both online learning and more traditional ‘in-room’ learning. Totara LMS supports a blended structure very well, by utilising pre-work eLearning-based modules that learners complete remotely prior to attending face-to-face practical skill based training sessions.
Have a look at what we are doing in this space and feel free to access our range of Free Sample Courses to get a better idea of how we can help you and your staff.