Assessing Men for Family Violence Interventions
Quality Engagement – Accurate Information Gathering – Better Outcomes
“The way this course is put together makes it a highly accessible and practical tool for anyone wanting to engage with clients more effectively, gather the most relevant information, and ultimately attain better outcomes. The integration of motivational techniques was also particularly useful.”
This course is for core staff who seek to achieve quality engagement, accurate information gathering, and better outcomes during their assessments. It provides a great opportunity for staff to integrate and advance what they already know about assessment and combine it with the latest assessment techniques and approaches, Motivational Interviewing skills, and research on what really contributes to better outcomes for clients.
Within this course staff will navigate their way through nine interactive video based assessment sequences, including 1) Engagement; 2) Agenda mapping; 3) Pathway mapping; 4) Re-engaging; 5) Personal resilience; 6) Offence mapping; 7) Offence map recap; 8) Cost benefit analysis, and; 9) Wrapping up (using summaries).
What the course covers
This course covers nine key areas of assessment, including:
- Engagement – building rapport and positively engaging clients
- Agenda mapping – establishing a direction and focussing on what really matters
- Pathway mapping – establishing goals and ideals for the future
- Re-engaging – establishing connection and reviewing progress
- Personal resilience – identifying strengths and strategies
- Offence mapping – identifying thoughts, feelings and behaviours related to offending
- Offence map recap – making sense of behaviour
- Cost benefit analysis – weighing up the benefits of change
- Summary – building accountability and establishing next steps
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Identify the nine key assessment areas, and how to use these when assessing
- Effectively engage clients, gather accurate information (especially related to risk) and increase motivation and readiness for rehabilitative work
- Learn how to integrate Motivational Interviewing techniques effectively within an assessment
- Learn about what it takes to achieve better outcomes from the assessment process.
- Covers the essential areas of effective assessment including, engagement, client motivation and information gathering
- Models the use of various Motivational Interviewing techniques and approaches
- Up skill a large number of staff with one effective, easy to use, enjoyable resource
- Fits with your schedule. Complete as a full course or utilise specific sections to target key skills
- Complete exclusively online or blend with in room training (ask us about blended solutions)
- Can be supported on your LMS or ours
- Offline version available for closed systems upon request
HMA offers a number of licencing options for this e-Learning package.
|$229 (excl. GST)||$973 (excl. GST)
= $195 pp
|$1718 (excl. GST)
= $172 pp
What does my license cover?
- Registration fee for Totara LMS and administration costs to get you started
- Unlimited access to the eLearn for a twelve month period
- Optional on-going practice reminders to help consolidate participants learning
- Initial and, ongoing administrative and technical support
For large workplaces the packages can also be loaded onto the organisations own LMS as it is a SCORM compliant package.
Talk to us about we can support you and your staff
For further information speak with an HMA staff member today