Family Violence Awareness Training (LMS)
An interactive and engaging online course for frontline staff
“This way this course is put together makes it a highly accessible and practical tool for anyone wanting to become more aware of family violence and learn about what they can do to help.”
Increase your staff’s awareness of family violence and have them learn about what they can do to help! Would you like your staff to know the real costs of family violence, learn about its effects and get some answers to the perplexing question… “Why doesn’t she just leave?” This course provides staff with the information they need to make better sense of the complex nature of family violence, and gives them the tools and resources they need to make a difference. Increase awareness of this confronting issue and have staff become advocates for those who need help the most.
Within this LMS based course staff will navigate their way through four distinct sections including 1) An introduction to family violence including its prevalence, its costs and its causes; 2) Definitions and comparisons to other offending; 3) The victims and associated impacts of family violence, and importantly; 4) How to safely identify, manage and respond to family violence within the workplace and beyond. By utilising over 30 minutes of media, various exercises and activities, and regular challenges and quizzes, staff are kept interested and engaged and are not only encouraged to reflect on their progress, but are also provided with opportunities to apply their new skills in real settings.
What the course covers
- An introduction to Family Violence including a section exploring ‘why you would bother with a family violence awareness course’
- A look at the prevalence, costs and causes of family violence including an examination of current family violence statistics
- An exploration of various contemporary definitions of family violence
- A comparison of family violence offending vs. general offending including a closer look at the many factors that contribute to abusive practices
- Family violence from the victims perspective including why women stay and why they ‘don’t just leave?
- A section on ‘safely identifying, managing and responding to family violence’ within the workplace and beyond
By the end of the course staff will be able to:
- Discuss and describe the costs, the causes, and the contemporary definitions of family violence
- Understand and explain the differences between family violence and general offending
- Understand and describe the impacts of family violence on victims
- Explain why women stay and why they leave abusive relationships
- Safely identify, manage and respond to family violence within the workplace and beyond.
- Covers the essential family violence topics and issues
- Increase awareness and up skill a large number of staff with one effective, easy to use, enjoyable resource
- Fits with your schedule. Complete as a full course or utilise specific sections to target key skills
- Complete exclusively online or in combination with in room training (ask us about in-room training)
- Blended learning options available. This option provides the perfect platform for those unfamiliar with online learning (ask us more about our blended solutions)
- Can be supported on your LMS or ours
HMA offers a number of licencing options for this e-Learning package.
|$80 (excl. GST)||$720 (excl. GST)
= $72 pp
|$3,000 (excl. GST)
= $60 pp
What does my license cover?
- Registration fee for Totara LMS and administration costs to get you started
- Unlimited access to the eLearn for a twelve month period
- Optional on-going practice reminders to help consolidate participants learning
- Initial and, ongoing administrative and technical support
For large workplaces the packages can also be loaded onto the organisations own LMS as it is a SCORM compliant package.
Talk to us about we can support you and your staff
For further information speak with an HMA staff member today