Motivational Interviewing Foundational Course Series
An interactive and engaging online MI course for Key Workers
“This course compliments the existing skills I have and has provided me with the ability to better support the men and women I work with. I completed this course feeling so enthusiastic about the possibilities… I’ve already applied the new skills to my practice. Thank you”
The Motivational Interviewing eLearn course series provides staff with the full scope of Motivational Interviewing (MI) skills needed to skilfully and successfully guide clients through the change process. Over the course of six interactive modules, covering 1) An Introduction to MI; 2) Spirit of MI; 3) OARS Skills; 4) Change and Sustain Talk; 5) Four Processes; and 6) Change Strategies, staff are introduced to the underlying principles, tools, techniques, and strategies of MI, and are challenged to put these new skills to use within their practice.
By utilising over 2.5 hrs of media, various exercises and activities, and regular challenges and quizzes, staff are kept interested and engaged and are not only encouraged to reflect on their progress, but are also provided with opportunities to apply their new skills in real settings. An optional pre- and post-assessment and companion workbook allows staff to track their progress, and our innovative email follow up system supports ongoing learning transfer for six months after the completion of the course.
Click here to check out a free sample of the course!
What the course series covers
- An introduction to MI including a brief look at motivation itself
- The underlying spirit of MI and why it is so vital in resolving ambivalence and changing behaviour
- The four fundamental processes of MI which include engaging, focussing, evoking and planning
- Recognising and working with change and sustain talk to build and consolidate a client’s commitment to change
- The core skills (OARS) needed to guide clients toward change
- Various techniques and strategies the MI practitioner can utilise to assist clients to make positive changes
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Identify and understand the fundamental theory of motivational interviewing
- Analyse, deconstruct and differentiate between MI and non-MI adherent practice
- Interpret and implement the key principles of motivational techniques
- Examine and apply motivational interviewing skills and tools in their practice with clients
- Evaluate and critique their own practice with regards to Motivational Interviewing
Who is already using this e-Learning course?
There are several organisations successfully implementing this eLearning course series both within Australia and New Zealand. Current clients include:
- Queensland Corrections
- Corrections Victoria
- Tasmania Corrective Services
- New Zealand Corrections
- Western Australia Corrective Services.
- Covers the full scope of MI skills and theory at a foundational level
- Up skill a large number of staff with one effective, easy to use, enjoyable resource
- Fits with your schedule. Complete the full course or utilise specific modules to target key skills
- Complete exclusively online or as a blended course
- Blended learning provides the perfect platform for those new to online learning
- Supported on your LMS or ours
- Offline version available for closed systems
- Support training (including TTT) available upon request
- Licensing options available
HMA offers a number of licencing options for this e-Learning package.
|$229 (excl. GST)||$9,500 (excl. GST)
= $190 pp
|$40,000 (excl. GST)
= $133 pp
What does my license cover?
- Registration fee for the Totara LMS site and administration costs to get you started
- Unlimited access to the modules for a twelve month period
- 6 months of on-going practice reminders to help consolidate participants learning
- Regular updates to the package
- Samples of other packages that may be of interest
For large workplaces the packages can also be loaded onto the organisations own LMS as it is a SCORM compliant package.
Talk to us about we can support you and your staff
For further information speak with an HMA staff member today